1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film Kit

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by mg1826, Nov 20, 2014.

1. mg1826

mg1826 Member

Where can I get the best price on a one gallon Fluid Film kit that comes with the pro spray gun, bottles, etc? I'm assuming I'll have to order it online.

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

3. dfor

dfor PlowSite.com Veteran

4. OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

Be careful with those Ebay Fluid Film Kits. My friend ordered one and it came with a generic "economy" spray gun from Astro Pneumatic. The diameter of the spray nozzle is twice as big as the real Fluid Film gun and it put's out gobs of material. He used almost twice as much as I use with the real Fluid Film gun. Also they use a flimsy c-ring to hold the trigger on the gun. It fell off during the 1st use. I'd ask them if it's the gun that is made for Fluid Film, or the inexpensive generic. If it's a generic, I'd stay away.

5. snowcommander

snowcommander Junior Member

I just bought the 5 gal kit off their site about 20 minutes ago. Searched online for a coupon code and found one for 10% off. After I bought the kit, pro spray gun, wand, and extra can it came out to be 255 with the code. Seemed reasonable to me. The code is "retailmenot" by the way.

6. mg1826

mg1826 Member

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to order the 1 gallon kit and upgrade to the FF pro spray gun from kellsportproducts.com. Its $89 for an 8 piece kit plus $35 for the pro spray gun. All their FF kits have free shipping and I found a coupon for 10% off. Seems like a good deal.

7. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

I got the two gal. Kit from Kellsport with pro gun upgrade. Very happy with it. Sprayed two trucks with one gallon.

8. snowcommander

How long did it take for you guys to get your kits? I know the company is from CA and I live in IL. Trying to plan it out so I can do it sometime next week. Gonna spray absolutely everything I own, except for my brand new truck. Lol

9. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Got mine in just a few days, why would you not spray the new truck?

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Becuse FF stinks, it is one of the best ways to get rid of that new truck smell short of smoking in it.

Then there is the rust threw warranty that most new trucks have. In the fine print on some/most it will say that putting a undercoating or applying a rust inhibiting products will void the rust threw warranty.

11. snowcommander

He's correct. Plus I get a new one for myself every year, so there's no way it's going to get corroded by the time March comes around.

12. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Agreed, FF does stink a little. But it goes away after a week or so.I had no smell in the truck,you didn`t leave your windows down again did you? Lol If you replace the truck every year or two than I probably wouldn`t bother ether. I used to get a new truck every 2 to 4 years but the last one I kept for 11 years and was really disappointed with the rust. Don`t plan on keeping this one that long, but going to do what I can do preserve it. As far as warranty,that will expire before fust appears, good luck with collecting on that anyhow.

13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

As soon as it sits in the sun on a hot day you will be able to smell it again.
    but, then some like it.

It just washes off to easily for the price, has to be reapplied 1-2 times a year (exposed areas) & the smell
    have kept me from using it again.

not say'en it doesn't work.

14. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Hot days I`m not needing the protection. If an application gets me through the winter,thats all I`m asking of it.I dont mind re-aplying every fall if it protcts me from ths salt.