1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fluid film in carwash?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by tclark1, Nov 16, 2011.

1. tclark1

tclark1 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Will fluid film stay applied as undercoating after going through the automatic car wash? If so how often does it need reapplied?

2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Just avoid the high-pressure undercarriage washes and you'll be fine.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Fluid film car washes?!?! You guys DO have everything down there in the States.

4. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

So how are you supposed to wash the snow and salt off of your truck without blasting the fluid film off?

5. Dano50

from CA

Just use a garden hose. Much less pressure. Fluid Film creates that nice slick surface so everything will wash off easy.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

we even have drive thu Timmy Horton's down here!Thumbs Up

7. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

This right here is what Ive been trying to get answered for the past month!!! After storms do you realize how long its gonna take to get ice and snow build up off the frame etc, without high pressure???????????

my question is this, would it be better to just not wash the ice and snow off the truck frame if you have fluid film applied. I just can't imagine that even sprayed with a garden hose with hose gun with hot water that fluid film would stay on????? Would it be better to just no spray??

This stuff is just to expensive to be re-applying it every other storm?? Is it still gonna be on there after I spray my truck off "with a garden hose with small gun with hot water" and how long will it be before I have to re-apply????

8. Dano50

from CA

I'm waiting for one of the regulars to answer this one...

9. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Hey dano, just went and picked up a gallon and a spray gun today. Gonna give her a shot. I got one of the sample bottles from ya and I really liked it a bunch but I used it on things like door hinges around the house etc. Just didnt know what the car washes would do to it. thanks!

10. grandview

We did say a few things but this thread is full of FF and they slipped away!

11. Dano50

from CA

It is some slippery stuff...

12. macgyver1

macgyver1 Junior Member

Large Satellite Dishes

I handle Ice management on large satellite dishes and have been using liquid car wax for years. I came across this site and discovered FF and I was wondering how it would work on these large dishes that I maintain. I use paint rollers for the car wax would FF be applied the same way? Also it appears that there are only 2 locations in my region that sells FF but it is not in stock. I would like to sample some if possible.
    Thanks for any info you guys have!

13. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

I would say that FF would work very well for you! You can buy a gallon and just use it with a roller or paint brush

14. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Yeah the mods pulled the posts that were negative. Good job to the mods! I mean neg towards members not agains fluid film......

15. grandview

Satellite guy,send Dano your info and he'll get a sample out to you!

16. Dano50

from CA

Any members that haven't tried Fluid Film and live in the US could just PM me for a free sample can. A quick heads up, though: Joy and I will be heading to Orlando for the Performance Racing Industry Show and won't be back in the office until Dec. 7th. This should be a great show for us, but it means the samples won't get shipped until we're back.

17. grandview

How dare your company send you to a place like that in winter time!

18. markh

markh Junior Member

free sample

I would love to get a free sample of fluid film. I'm a foreman at a small landscape company and have my own small parttime landscape company. We are currently getting ready for snow plowing season and are interested in undercoating all of out trucks and snow plows and equipment. my name and address are
    Mark Hines
    24 Center St
    Leetonia, Oh

44431 Thanks!!!ussmileyflag