1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fluid film in Canada??

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by AFM Contracting, Feb 19, 2007.

1. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

Where can I get this stuff here in Canada?

2. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

Canadin Tire , John Deere, TSC stores and I think Home Depot. Watch the John deere dealers though, very pricy. TSC is the cheapest I've seen so far.

3. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

what's tsc?

4. EFI

EFI Member
    from NH / NB

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Old thread but wondering what you guys pay for fluid film in Canada. I got some prices and cans are between 12.99 and 14.99, gallon containers are 62.99, 5 gallon pails $250 and a 55 gallon drum is $2000. This stuff is expensive here, do you really think it's worth it. Has anyone found somewhere cheaper to buy it. I've been using Krown, does anybody know the difference.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I got the same prices from one of the auto parts stores. I bought a gallon to try. The stuff looks like instant pudding. I sprayed it on the 2 V box spreaders and the frame of one of the trucks. It is still stuck on the spreaders, even the vertical surfaces. It seems like a pretty good product. I also sprayed it on the bottom inside part of my doors, along that fold.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks, seems a little rich, I think I might do a lttle cross border shopping. We spray everthing down pre season and post season with Krown. We use a little more then 1 litre on a pickup and 2l on a tractor. We jack the trucks up and go under with a creaper, I think it helps. We also drill holes in the doors and rockers and take the tail lights out, to spray in.

8. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

i buy the aerosol cans at princess auto, 11.99 a can, one can will do the back of the truck and the salter no problem...

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They just opened a Princess Auto in Newmarket last week. Were on the map now boys.

10. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

gee whiz we've had our Princess Auto for years. Hey we finally got something before Toronto did

11. sprayon

sprayon Junior Member
    from Canada!

Hi all, anyone know where to get a deal on the 1 gallon cans? Cheapest I'm seeing in Ontario is $66 a can.

12. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Im with Deckboys on this one but I think it is now 12.99 a can still not bad.

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Guess I should stop complaining about $35 a gallon....

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I paid $26/gallon shipped to a friends place in Buffalo in 5 gallon pails. I just picked 4 pails up un Fri.

15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I need to price the five gallon buckes. I was hoping they would be around $100.

So Dave, you've really come around on the FF. Any testimony you care to share with the group LOL?

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

This will be my third winter using it and I'm quite happy with it.

17. heather lawn spray

$13.99 a 333g spray can at Princess Auto

18. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Ok, so I want a 5 gallon pail, but Im in Canada. Find it kinda funny, that the fluid film can says NLS products bobcaygeon ontario on it. So I looked it up and called the place wanting to buy some. Won't sell unless I make the minimum order of 12 - 5 gallon pails.
    $207 each plus shipping. Said places in the US wont sell to me and that I couldn't buy it from the US... which I find weird however I haven't called any places in the us yet. Seems kinda silly that I see it at kellsport for $159 a 5 gallon. Is this made in canada? cause if so that is pretty sad, that I can buy it cheaper in the US then I can a few hours away where it might be made. Where ever its made its gotta be in northamerica and that means duty free just pay the tax at the borner. OR am I missing something?

19. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

The bobcaygeon people are just the distributor for Canada. You would be better of to cross the border and get it. I bought a box of Aerosols and a 5gal pail this spring from someone who was meeting another someone who sells it in the USA.

Everyone needs to make a buck and the more hands it crosses the more you pay.

20. heather lawn spray

so. . .

We each buy a piece of the action?