1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film here in Canada

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by OnTheFarm, Dec 6, 2012.

1. OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

Saw these guys advertised Fluid Film and gave them a call for the complete truck undercoating kit. Nice guy and prices seemed pretty good. tymusic

2. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

Fluid Film vehicle undercoating is becoming very popular. Thank you for sharing the link.
  3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

nice prices, wonder what shipping from NS costs. Might give them a call one day.
  4. bobcat310

bobcat310 Junior Member

oil guard

I know there is some places in canada called oil guard they spary down your whole truck or car down I would goggle oil guard to see if you have one near you.I live in Ohio and when I make a trip to windsor i stop there to get my truck sparyed down
  5. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

They are no different then any other company. Says on there website they use petroleum based undercoat. No mention of fluid film. Everyone does undercoating pretty much. Just not fluid film as the cost is too much.
  6. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Only fluid film has Joy, and she is worth the extra cost
  7. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

From my experience using both, I vote for Krown as the better option for rustproofing a vehicle body. Fluid film has its place, but it doesn't do as good of a job at creeping and tends to wash off faster. You can buy Krown by the pail at any outlet that applies it to cars for about $200/20L.

Don't get me wrong, I will still buy FF for other things.
  8. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I had my Ford sprayed when it was new and less then a month later I got it sprayed again but with rust check. This was in fall not winter. Only thing Krown has that's good is that salt wash stuff.
  9. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Interesting... although if it was new, it did its job and got into the cracks where you don't see it, not much bare metal on a new truck to protect or cling to really, and anything will just wash off paint eventually - especially in the fall when its wet on the roads. Everyone I know swears by Krown and I've seen it work for myself. If you want something that sticks, get it with tack added. The consistency is very close to Fluid Film, but it still creeps well.

And yes, the salt wash stuff is good also. Used it quite a bit and it seems to make a big difference.
  10. Perma Scapes

Perma Scapes Junior Member

what is the "tack" additive ?

I just had my truck krowned.
    I tld them that I was gonna be salting with it & they recommended that we didnt really put too much pressure under the truck with water (at the coin car wash).

Im almost thinking, wouldnt it have been better to have rubberized the bottom of the truck & apply fluid film inside the door holes & crevices ?

Atleast the rubber stuff doesnt wash off easily.
  11. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

There is an article on line by the Canadian armed forces, it was called , review of corrosion control programs, they tested ten products and their properties to protect metal exposed to the elements, gives a person a little extra knoweledge