1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fluid film help!!!

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by 86chevyk20, Dec 12, 2012.

1. 86chevyk20

86chevyk20 Junior Member

Hey guys im Liam im new here im from buffalo ny!

I just sprayed my silverado with fluid film this past sunday with a very heavy coat every where and im concerned...the day i under coated my truck i did it in a dry shop and my frame was all dry, when i left it was pouring rain and the next day i looked at my frame and my FF is gone... I dont get it? did the metal absorb it? this isnt like other similar substances iv used where it sicks there all winter.
    and today 12/11/12 i crawled under my truck and my frame is dry, not tacky or nothing. i used almost a whole gallon on it and this isnt my first time undercoating but my first time with FF. it has only been 3 days and my frame and under neith are dry!! is this how it is so post to be or what??!
    do i need to spray it again? heavier?? or is everything ok and is this what happens.

help please

Liam:realmad:

2. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

There are differnt types of FF , some very thin to be put into bilges of boats and some so thick its tough to spray . No matter what kind you have I doubt its gone after one day of rain . Especialy if you put a whole gallon on..

3. 86chevyk20

86chevyk20 Junior Member

thank you! THE stuff i bought is the consisty of very thick paint. its hard to explain its like very pourable but thick. do you have a part number or what kind of FF is the thicker stuff??

4. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Fluid Film NAS is whats used most for undercoating , and it sounds like thats what you have.

5. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

if its gone, watch out, some of the roads there could be slicker than snot