1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film Frenzy

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Waterboss, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

Just got my case from Mcmaster and had some time today to start spraying. Did my plow, the jambs, hinges and areas prone to rust on my wife's car, and then started on the frame and underside of my GMC. I used to call it spray paint finger, but now I'll call it FF finger from all the spraying I did. Went through 7 cans and had to call it a day due to darkness. Hoping this stuff will make a big difference in the rust creep on the frame of the truck. I put enough on those three items to make Grandview proud!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Yes! Another one for Dano!

true believer.jpg

3. OSCLandscaping

OSCLandscaping Member

It's addictive:nod:, once you start spraying you just can't stop.:D:D

4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Spray till you run out then Buy more

5. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

I'm getting all misty. I love this job!

6. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I've got my gallon on order. I hope the snow and ice and therefore the salting holds off until I get it applied. I will be trying a cheap Chicago Electric spray painter and if that doesn't work well I spring for the Napa one shown in one of the threads.

I'll tell you what Dano, I am sure glad you came around here to sponsor and advertise your product. I've seen some nice cars give way to oxidation and it is reassuring to know I'll have an edge on that now.

7. Dano50

from CA

Have you used it to bring back the paint? I think it's amazing what it does for an old, oxidized paint job.

8. Prof Touch L&L

Prof Touch L&L Member

I've become so intrigued by all the talk about FF that I PM'd Dano and have a sample coming. If this stuff is as good as you guys say it is I will have to get my own case. Or just "borrow" some from Grandview :) lol

9. grandview

Catch me if you can!:D

10. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

The way I figure it, my truck is worth some good $$$, I've been meaning to do something to make it last as long as possible, FF seems to be getting lots of great reviews, so why not try it? Once you start spraying it's hard to stop! If it works well for me you can bet I'll be talking it up to my friends!:)

11. grandview

We better ship Dano some more tissues He's going to be crying when hears that!:D

12. Dano50

from CA

I'm getting so choked up I can hardly type. :D

13. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I haven't tried it for faded paint. I was referring to rusted panels. I may give it a shot though on my older truck. All the others are clearcoated and in good shape.

I got my gallon today, thanks Kellsport! I hope to try out that Chicago Electric sprayer soon. I'll try to give a report in the other thread on sprayers.

14. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

Hey Grandview - meant to tell ya you've got a nice website there. Clean, well organized, detailed and to the point. Very professional!:nod:

15. I love Fluid Film, just sprayed our plow down with it. We have used it for 2 yrs or so on our perma green fertilizer spreader. It really has helped reduce the rust and keep it lubed...Any one ever try and spray it our of a shurflo 4 speed backpacker sprayer? We spray Magic out of it but I am not sure if it is thicker or not... Might have to get some bulk and try it...

16. Zack1978

Zack1978 Member
    from NJ

Can you explain more?

Zack

17. Dano50

from CA

If you have an old, faded paint job Fluid Film will bring the paint back out. Just use it like a wax. I tried it on my cousin's old pick up and it worked wonders. :drinkup:

18. cobraman

cobraman Member

Damn, I have a log cabin house and I think I am gonna paint my whole house with this stuff. I already sprayed it on everything else in the house. Watch out when you put it on ur leather glove though. Don't grab ur steering wheel until you rub it in real good. :dizzy:

19. grandview

If it's good for your gun stock,should work on your log cabin!

Here's before and after using FF on a log cabin:dizzy:

log1.jpg

log2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007