1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film & Fisher X?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Gicon, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Got my free can of Fluid Film today. Now, what do I do with it?????? It didnt come with any instruction manual so I am a little lost on what do to with it. The can is a lil cutie, standing about 5" tall, and about 1.5" in Diameter. Thats all it is to me right now.....
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Go spray your truck frame or something rusty or coat your plow in it (top to bottom :) you'll like the stuff!
  3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Use it like a combination of WD-40 and Pam. WD-40 to lube things that should move, but don't...Pam to keep things from sticking (like snow and ice to your plow).

Its also good as a rust preventative/moisture barrier. I hose down my angle and lift rams for example and coat the mounts with it to keep them from rusintg between uses after the paint scapes off.
  4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

the whole "snow not sticking" thing is a little over rated, that is not a primary function.......as soon as you push some snow it's "no stick" effectiveness is greatly reduced.....

As far as the corrosion protection there is nothing better.......
  5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Some advise...

My wife's nose may more sensitive than yours but don't spay it in the garage,if it's attached to the house like mine... it will stink for a long while!

Peuwww! but hey, it works! lol
  6. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

FF has a good smell to it
  7. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

wait till you smell it burning on your exhaust pipe......
  8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

sounds like a friday night......:rolleyes::drinkup: