1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fluid film doesnt like cold

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by payton, Feb 21, 2008.

1. payton

payton Senior Member

damn both my new cans of fluid film are froozen.. washed the truck and plow went to throw some on and both froozen solid damn the bad luck.. threw them in the house to warm up.. will this hurt the product freezeing and thawing?

2. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Mine dont spray worth a darn either.
  3. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

That is a first for me to hear. Fluid Film will not freeze. The propellant in the can could, but I don't understand how the whole can could freeze up. You've broken new ground with that one. I am completely puzzled.
  4. payton

payton Senior Member

i could take a pic but im not sure what good that would do. i can answer any questions ya have i honestly dont know.. ill pm ya my number if you have any questions

5. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

When you get a chance, just give me the batch number on the can. It's located on the bottom. I'll see if there was a problem with the batch.
  6. payton

payton Senior Member

can do.. not trying to bad mouth the product just wondering if after it thaws out if it will be good to go.
  7. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have had some issues with poor performance with the cans in the past......but only in extreme cold...
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It doesn't spray well when cold but won't damage the can on freeze and thaw cycles from my expeirence. I'm a strong supporter of FF and the only place I have not liked it's results are when I sprayed it in the locks for the doors on our tractors, it seems to freeze somewhat. No big deal, I love the product. I will use about $1000 worth/year and will keep doing so.:drinkup:
  9. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

I used FF when it was close to 0 degres 2 weeks ago, no problems at all, auctually the can was so cold it stuck to my hand. :nod:
  10. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

should of FF your hand first:D
  11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

12. cobraman

cobraman Member

I had a couple cans sitting in the garage when it went below zero here the past week and they didn't freeze. They move a little slower like I do but thats about it.
  13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I had it freeze up on me once last winter too. It was -12* and the rod that my wing slides up and down was freezing up. Grease didn't work so I tried FF and that froze too. Ended up just using penetrating oil and then it worked fine. Gets a lot of road gunk on it, so that doesn't help either.