1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film 12 oz. Pump

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by t608, Oct 5, 2011.

1. t608

t608 Junior Member
    from RI

I just tried out my new Fluid Film 12 oz. Pump spray and to be honest, I'm not too happy. Don't get me wrong. I finished off my aerosol spray and I love the product! But this 12oz pump, sprays like crap and it's very messy. It only sprays out a thick stream and drips on my hand. I shook the can really good.

I was hoping with this pump spray I get just that, a spray.

2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

I understand your frustration.That package was really developed for applications where the solvent would be an issue because of flash concerns. Because the product is so thick it really needs help to atomize properly. That why the pump will only produce a stream of product. The same will happen if you try to put it in a garden type pump-up sprayer.

If you are going to use the product in bulk, it's best to just treat it like a paint: Apply by brush, roller, or airless paint sprayer. A sprayer like a Wagner will work well to atomize the product.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The aerosol can is definitely the easiest to use, but seems the most wasteful. I like bulk the best. I use one of these for small/controlled applications.

Oil-Gun-Oil-Can-2195327929.jpg

I still say a 3in1 style dropper would rule.....

Oil-Gun-Oil-Can-2195327929.jpg

4. t608

t608 Junior Member
    from RI

I had no idea fluid film is so thick, so I can see now why it won't spray out of the pump the way i would like it. I like the way the aerosol sprays though. Is the aerosol just as thick? I bought the gallon and the pump for the gallon can along with the fluid film under coating gun.

Can an empty aerosol can be bought some where, I can fill it up at home maybe?

5. t608

t608 Junior Member
    from RI

I will have to give this a try too. Actually I think my dad has one fill with oil(shame on him).

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have another one with ATF inside.....

8. t608

t608 Junior Member
    from RI

What is atf? I'm drawing a blank..

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Automatic transmission fluid. Very handy around the shop.

10. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Harbor Freight has a refillable spray can like that Amazon one. I have yet to use it, but this may be a good application.

kevlars

11. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

That is new to me. I'd love to hear what you think if you try it. We should get one and test it here.