1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fluid coming out the top of E-60?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by roblandscape, Feb 4, 2003.

1. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

Today I noticed a small amount of fliud around the seal at the top of my pump, Checked the fluid level and it was fine should I worry? It is a Meyers E-60 with low use..... thanks

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I would replace the seal,as if fluid is leaking out,then water will get back in too.Water and hydraulic oil make slush when it gets real cold outside.Not good.

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

If your getting a steady leak it's time to replace the top seal and the inner seal. 1/8 dia plastic o-ring on bottom of top cap. This is the actual seal. The top seal is a dust/water seal. Wyldman is on the money with getting it fixed to keep the H2O out. Blue slushies are great in the summer but the suck in a parking lot/driveway during the winter. Jerre