Snow Plowing Forum banner

fluid change?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  fastjohnny 
#1 ·
what fluid should I use for a blizzard 810? I have autozone, napa,walmart near me. Thanks.

#2 ·
You should use the best fluid you can get. I don't know where to get the best ,but it's what you need. I just had my plow act up because of the fluid(860 sw.). I changed it a month ago as I usually do. The first 2 pushes I have had were very wet heavy snow so I thought my slow weak plow was from heavy snow. As the temps have dropped My plow has not improved in it's performance. This morning I went to go and salt my commercials before a small snow fall and my plow would hardly lift off the ground.My motor was straining to even angle left or right. The fluid I put in my plow a month ago was from TSC. sam. brand. After getting some meyer fluid from my local auto parts store and completely replacing ( removed hoses and drained cylinders) it ,my plow worked like new all day. I can't beleive that the fluid would cause this but I have no other explination. I always change the fuid anually but generally only drain ( pump out )the resivour and replace it. I have never had a problem untill now. It could have been something in my fluid left over but I am also questioning the fluid I used this fall. Just my.02
Good Luck, shaun

#3 ·
If you only drain the reservoir, you may have had crud and or moisture in the lines. After your second refill, it maybe more completely diluted/flushed out.

#4 ·
I do always remove and clean the resivoir/magnent/filters. I have never hand any issues leaving fluid in the lines. I did remove all my lines and push the fluid out of the cylinders this time. It was 9 degrees this morning when I started my truck and the plow worked like it should. I never have had something like this happen ,and I know I won't let it happen again. I was probably my fault ,but I ran the plow earlier this season with the old fluid when it was well below freezing, and no problems:dizzy: Any ways lesson learned it's worth the extra time to get it all out. I had a half quart of tsc oil left and the meyer fluid is like pouring water compared to it.
,shaun

#5 ·
ok I tried to drain the fluid today and I have no idea how to do it. I looked everywhere and cant find a drain. I took the 3 bolts out and lifted the whole assembly and took the bolt out of the bottom of the rresovoir and some fluid came out but not much. How do I drain it?

#8 ·
rsvees;672723 said:
Type : "flush a blizzard plow" in google and use the first link.
That's a good one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.