1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Change

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scotty2222, Dec 14, 2001.

1. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

Does any one have any Pictures of how to drain the fluid out of a E-60 motor, or can some one help with directions on how to. I've seen the E-47 motor and that has three bolts up front and the E-60 only has two.

Which one is the drain and which one is the fill??

How do I get all of the fluid out to.

When you do a complete change(on the E-60) is there still fluid left in the system any where??

:D :D I know everyone hates these meyers plows but need some help :D :D

2. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

It's the 9/16 plug located next to motor. Make sure the lift ram is down and don't forget to purge the 2 cylinders for the plow.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2001
  3. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

Thanks John R for the reply

How do I purge the cylinders?

4. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

Mount the plow. Move the board left and right several times. The last time leave it all the way left. Put blocks under frame and drop board. Disconnect 2 hyd. hoses and put them into 2 coffee cans. Push board right all the way. Empty can. Push board left all the way. Empty can. Do this until no more fluid comes out . Purged.

5. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

Thanks now that you say it like that it does sound alot easyer I'll try that an let you know how I did