1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Change problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cjasonbr, Oct 4, 2008.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I drained the fluid in my boss. Cracked the hose joint at the extended ram and drained the ram. Then moved the plow back to the side it was on. Then pressed the button on the controller to prime the hose to the cracked hose joint. Then tightened the joint, topped off the fluid and cycled it.

Well fluid is now coming out of the plastic compartment and i don't know why? It comes out mostly when the plow is cycling. What's the deal, i didn't even open the plastic compartment, why would something be leaking fluid in there??

I probably broke my plow.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You either simply overfilled it or it's pushing the excess air/fluid out of the reservoir breather vent, which is on top of the reservoir located behind the plastic pump cover. Not a big problem.

3. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Thanks B&B

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

i had a similar problem last year, but it mustve been overfilled because after the 1st time using it, it worked itself out