1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Change, Now Plow Wont Move : /

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Pcarrier0927, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Pcarrier0927

Pcarrier0927 Junior Member

Hello Everyone!
    I just changed my fluid on the plow.
    I read to change it every year, and I also changed it because
    I broke the angle cylinder Elbow and had to replace the angle cylinder.
    I changed the fluid and now the plow wont angle left right or up or down.
    I can hear the motor spinning and its clicking but no movement.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks Phil

2. rcinc

rcinc Junior Member

Is the breather working? Try to lift it or anything with the fill plug out of the plow

3. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Not saying there isnt fluid in there but my bud changed his in april and the plow sat till last night and it wouldnt work. He had no fluid at all in there, it leaked very slowly during summer. Just saying....check it

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

fluid,,,or the filter came off inside the housing,,or.....depends upon what kinda plow you have as well

5. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

When you say you changed the fluid did you just drain and refill or did you remove the resevoir. If you didn't remove the resevoir I'll bet the intake screen is clogged or as mentioned fell off.