1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fluid both ways

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by LesleinLawn, Dec 18, 2005.

1. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

cant get meyer system to go right. Here is my question. Took coupler off hose from pump to angle cylinder, had bot hit right switch, fluid shots out. had him go left, same thing. Now i think, though i do not know much about plows, it should push out one direction and suck in in the other direction. Now if i am right is my cross over valve bad? Please help, you experts that are out there are a pleasure to discuss things with. Thank you.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Take the hose with the coupler on it and hook it to the other cylinder and try moving the blade back and forth to make sure you dont have coupler or cylinder. For some reason, meyers are notorious for going through couplers. If it is a coupler, make sure you get the ball type and not the pin type and replace both sides.

3. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

When you are cycling the fluid like that it is under pressure. You gave the fluid a open hole to shoot out when you took the coupler off. You need to check the B solenoid.