1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Floor mats

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KenP, Jan 19, 2003.

1. KenP

KenP Senior Member

I've got an 02 2500 Dodge Cummins quad cab and I need floor mats, BAD. I've been using Huskys but they haven't worked so well for me. Do they make a mat that has an edge that would run along the rocker panel so that they would sort of drain on thier own?

Thanks,

2. noclevername

noclevername Member

Not too much help for you now, but when I bought my last truck (Ford F250 PSD) I got the "carpet delete" option. Couldn't bear to see all the salt stains on that new carpet. :)

3. pharden

pharden Junior Member

I have tried other types of floor mats, but keep coming back to the Husky's. I thought I would like a mat that would drain out the door, but on second thought I'm not sure it could drain due to the door gaskets etc. Sometimes I just let the water freeze overnight and throw it out as ice in the morning.

4. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

I have Husky's in my Dodge and I'm pretty happy w/ them. I actually put a full set of mats made buy Catch- all last week into my chevy e-cab. They are similar to the Husky's but they are carpeted. They come w/ clips that anchor into the floor so they don't slide like the Husky's do. They are easy to clean and look great. Look into it, you'll probably like them.

5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

i go to the carpet shop and get a stack of carpet samples from them and just go through the stack as i ruin them. They cost like a dollar or two each and work good for me.

Jay

6. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

You really sould get something to protect the capet from getting wet at all.
    walking arround in the snow/salt bringing it into your truck letting it soak into the capet. where it sit's forever, causing a nasty smell after a while & rusting the floor out real quick...
    Not good... always forget to put my winter mats in on time...

7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Another vote for Huskys....Sorry

8. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Huskys..... I've tried other types of mats, but they just don't have the coverage. I tried those one from weathertech and they still allow alot of water/dirt arround the edges.

9. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Pelican,

What are Huskys?

Any info where they can be purchased?

Rick

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

They are a formed plastic mat with diamond tread and hold the water and muck within the mat. I've found the best prices at Cabela's , and have had them in my last 3 trucks.

11. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Pelican,

Thanks we have a fairly new one here in K.C. area.

Rick

12. wyldman

wyldman Member

I've been hearing a lot of comercials on the radio for this weathertech company,really pushing their mats,and accessories.Haven't had much time to check them out,but I did remember the web sites.Check it out.

www.weathertech.com

Or for all the Canucks here try :

www.weathertechcanada.com

13. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

The best ones I have found are a formed piece of plastic that is formed to your floorboard and drains out the door. They have sides on them aboiut 4-5 in. up and are carpeted with outdoor type carpet. They are made only for each type of truck. They are not universal. I have had mine since new, and are are pricey I think they were 150.00 for 2 but they will not let salty water get to your carpet. I have seen them on the internet by typing in floormat. I will try to find them and let you know. They fit the floorpan real nice, they kinda snap into place.

14. Wilburn Parks

I called the place where I bought them and they are called Fox Weather boots. They are really nice and fit great. You can go to yahoo and type Fox weather boots and see them.

15. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i love the huskies too. they fit perfectly, and hold the water great. you just have to drain the water out of em every now and then.

16. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a set of Catch-All floor mats for my 2500HD. It is very nice floor protector. It has a color matching carpet and is easy to take out and wash. You can spray this carpeted mats with a garden hose and let it dry out then put it back in. Supposed to be easy to clean. It will hold alot of water and mud and keep your vehicle carpet clean and dry. I just put it in my truck a few weeks ago and it seems to be working very nicely. Much better than the cheap factory mats.

17. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

i have the huskey liners in all of my trucks.they work great. the trick is to roll up a couple of paper towels and stick them where the water drains off..when the paper towels get to soaked or frozen just throw them out.

18. Wilburn Parks

With the Fox Weather boots the edge goes over to the door, it covers the rocker panel, so it drains by itself. No messing with dumping or soaking up the water up.

19. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

I AM NEW TO THE FORUM BUT HAVE BEEN VIEWING FOR AWHILE RECIEVED ALOT OF GOOD INFO A VERY HELPFUL FORUM

I ALSO HAVE THE FOX WEATHER BOOTS VERY GOOD FLOORMATS EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT I PUT THE STOCK MATS ON TOP OF THEM FOR MORE PROTECTION THEY FIT THE EXACT SHAPE OF THE FLOOR SO NO MOVING AROUND AND NO LIP IN THE DOOR WAY

YOU CAN BUY THEM AT www.foxweatherboots.com

HERE IS A PIC FROM MY 2002 CHEVY

20. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI