1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Floor Mats - Husky Liners vs. WeatherTech

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Snowzilla, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I want to get some decent floor mats in my '03 Silverado before salt season. I have had Husky Liners in my '89 forever and have liked them. There more like trays & sometimes catch them getting in/out.

I like the looks of their competitor, WeatherTech Digitalfit in that your foot is not as likely to catch the edge getting in/out. But I am not sure if they funnel the liquid right into your door seal - which I wouldn't think would be a good idea. Anyone have this brand? I welcome your comments. Maybe they hold liquid in.

Also, it looks like Husky Liners has a newer model called the Weatherbeater but not many applications yet.

floormats.JPG

Hsky_wetherbtr.JPG

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Get the ones in the second pic. I have a set in my truck, and we have a set in each truck at work also. They work great!

3. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

Get husky they hold the water. The other let the water go to the door plate and go every were

4. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

That's 2 for Husky, 0 for WeatherTech. Seems like WeatherTech has an almost good design but they should keep it contained like Huskyliners. That's most likely what I will order. Just had the truck detailed and want to avoid salt stained carpet.

Thanks.

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I have the Husky Weatherbeater for my truck, they're great, except they need to be about an inch wider.

6. Ewsa

Ewsa Junior Member
    from CT

Used to always have the Husky liners. In my new Chevy I tried the WeatherTech and I think they work great. Left the sunroof open one night when we got 3" of rain, and they held a heck of a lot of water really well.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I've had both and the imo the weather tech is far superior. I like the fact the water runs out the sills instead of pooling in my truck. We actually run WT in every truck we own.

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Any problems with the salt water going under that plastic cover? Have you removed the sill covers and looked for damage and or rust build up and is it a issue?

I have used similar ones but I always have 2 big bath towels folded and placed about at my heels to soak up excess.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yes I've had the sills up and they look awsome. My 02 has had them on since new. I find my windows never really fog up because all the moisture runs out the door.

10. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

X2.....worth the price tag

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Thanks I have been looking for something like those WT's for the Chevy.

On a sidenote. Everytime I drive to Iowa to visit my daughter now I think of you when I pass the JD plant. :laughing:

12. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

I had the the huskies in 1994 chevy 2500 and I didn't like them they changed form to easy. Meaning the sides either bent in or bowed out. Also they moved around alot. When I got my new truck in 04 I changed to to weather tech.They're nice. I've never had my rugs get wet since I put them in and they lasted 100,000 miles.

13. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

That's good to know. So with snow and melt off, does that drain off into the rubber door seal or does the mat kind of contain it? I was concerned about salt water sitting in places it shouldn't with the Weathertech's.

14. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I currently have the old style Husky's (second pic). It's time for a new set as the drivers side is wrinkled on the outer edge.

I think I'll go with the Husky WB this time. The 02 GM's have that lip before the front of the seat, so I'm sure water isn't going to go anywhere but out the door if at all.

On a side note, I think these things are alot of money for what they are.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  15. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I can only find the Husky Weatherbeater online for the newest style trucks. I'm not sure they make them for the classic silverado. I like the look of it too. They are expensive but I suppose they have a lot invested in r&d making so many different molds.

16. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

That could be very true. Mats have come along way, and they're a must have for us guys that have carpet. When I bought my OEM carpet to replace the old one, I almost went with the vinyl...I wish I had now.