1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

flood lights (1 is out)

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sealer People, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Hi all.
    I had 2 flood lights installed on my bumper last year. One on either side of my salter.
    We connected one light to the other & then plugged them into one feed.

They worked just fine, I had to disconnect them the other day to get the salter back in the truck. Now only one light works. I bought a replacement bulb but still nothing. The other light works fine.

All the wiring inside & behind the bulb seems fine.

Am I missing something ?:dizzy:

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

check for power and ground.start with the basics.

3. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

do you have a test light? that would be my first check after checking all of the connections

4. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

It was a ground.

After all that.
    Well atleast now I have a spare bulb & I learned something new.

I would never have guessed that the bracket holding up the light against the bumper, which had no lines at all around except for the one connected to the power feed, would have caused it to go out.

I sand the swivelling bracket & she turned on.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    Any thoughts on how to WIN a few million ?:help:

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Always run a ground line from a good ground to stuff.
    ( Like from your dry under hood area ) Most times you would have to take the light apart. Connect the ground wire directly to the internal wire of the light.Trusting the brackets to stay grounded will get you every time. Coating the area of the bracket with Dielectric grease that touches the bumper might be of help to protect the ground connections.