1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Float???

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by dadam, Nov 28, 2008.

1. dadam

dadam Junior Member

I'm having issues with an 01 straight blade. all of my functions work except the lower/float. my LED changes to the orange/red but plow doesn't drop. Any help?

2. ultimatetrucks

ultimatetrucks Junior Member

Have you checked the silonoid for the down side or is the valve stuck.

3. dadam

dadam Junior Member

I've checked all three solenoids. But which one is which. I dont have a manual. Bought it used worked great when i put it away for the summer.

4. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

Head over to Hiniker's website where you can download manuals for all of their plows & equipment. Hopefully that will help.

5. Mike W

Mike W Junior Member

Have you checked your plugs (both the controll plug and the power wires)? Ours gets pretty coroded if we don't put di-electric grease in it. Mabey one of the pins is not making good enough contact to trip the solenoid.

6. dadam

dadam Junior Member

got the manual last night, gonna try the grease idea

7. Mike W

Mike W Junior Member

Just make sure you clean both ends of the connector good first. Contact cleaner works wonders...

8. dadam

dadam Junior Member

got it figured out it was a wiring issue. thats what i get for letting other people work on my shiznit. thanx for the help guys

9. ultimatetrucks

ultimatetrucks Junior Member

We worked on 1 the other day doing the same thing and it ended up being that there was a ground wire on a positive side.

10. dadam

dadam Junior Member

yeah mine was a half a$$ed crimp on a butt connector