1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Float Function

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by plowin-fire, Nov 15, 2012.

1. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

Need some insight here... I have a 8611LP and an 810 both with the same shoebox joystick controllers. On 1 controller when you lower the plow to the float position, you can hear something click in the controller and then as soon as you let go of the stick the light goes out and its not on float anymore. Does it on both plows. The other controller functions normally on both plows. So that tells me its in the controller itself. Where do I look to solve this?

2. plowin-fire

Nobody knows? Talked to dealer today and they thought the circuit board was faulty. Anyone have another controller thats good? Or anyone have a circuit board for one?

3. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

my guess is either joystick switch or float time delay ... couldn't tell you how to diagnose it though other than swapping parts :(

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I have a controller I can sell ya! Brand new $175 plus shipping.

5. plowin-fire

I replaced the joystick because it was bent. Just the mechanical part. The 4 micro switches I left there because they all worked and I didnt want to de-solder and solder them back in. Swapped the time delay module as well and no change. Its gotta be in the circuit board somewhere...

6. plowin-fire

Same shoe box joystick style?

7. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Yup, shoebox joystick. I have never plugged it in, but I can to test it before it leaves my hands.