1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

flipping blade

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by skinut2234, Feb 5, 2010.

1. skinut2234

skinut2234 Member
    from NJ

I have an Arctic steel 7.5 foot plow- not sure what the blade is made of - It's bolted horizontal across plow- If it gets worn- can it be flipped upside down?
  2. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Does it have a cutting edge on the top and bottom? I think you'd be better off installing a cutting edge if it gets worn, rather than flipping the plow upside down. From the pics I see using a quick google search my answer would be no it can't be flipped-it appears as if the bottom edge is constructed with a cutting edge.
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Arctics cutting edge can be flipped... The bolt holes are exactly centered and should line up perfectly. It's a simple design... quite surprised other staight blades aren't the same... (Flipping the cutting edge I think is what you mean... not the whole plow.)
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You must be talking about the cutting adge and not the plow itself?
    Flip the cutting edge or get a new one.