1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

flink salt spreader HELP PLEASE...

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by golfmanres, Feb 14, 2003.

1. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

Hello finally just picked up a flink v box. no info provided on the unit. So i need some help. Anyone know where i can get parts? also need the in cab controlls for the unit. dont have those eigther.... please help... who makes flink now? or is it like another model where the parts will work? i think the the model is a LMC5H? it is a 8' model to fit my 2500hd. please help me.... i am desperate for some information
  2. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

flink still makes flink.they are partnered with a company called baker.give them a call (815) 673-4321 or email them at flink@sainet.com.i have one of there plows and a tailgate unit.the plow is 20 years old.its there 3 trip mold board design which they no longer make.i think they only make full trip and a trip edge that breaks into 3 blade sections.they make some great equipment.good luck
  3. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

I think you could get a buyers cab unit to work.

http://www.centralparts.com/ has them just not listed on their web site.

They should also have parts for it.
  4. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

US Municipal supply in Pensylvania is a Flink dealer. If you need the # I can get it for you when I go back to the office.
  5. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

i would think any controller should work. we have hendersons, iceoways and airflos and the trucks control unit have three things in common. Ignition, throttle/choke control, conveyor/spinner engagement (some with a double throw switch for blast). You would just have to fix the wiring harness to make it work for the flink.
  6. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

thank you for the info everyone... got the unit to work by puting 12volts to the right wires... not the proper way to work but it will get me trough this snow i think.. also the model is a LMC6A looks like an old unit... couldnt find any info on it and flink is closed till monday..