1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flex blade?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by tomd, Oct 2, 2005.

1. tomd

tomd Junior Member
    from RI

Anyone have any input for the Snowbear flex blade? I is more money than the Metal one I noticed. Anyone using it for personel use? I DON'T CARE ABOUT COMMERCIAL USE. Thanks. :drinkup:

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Seems like a good idea in theory, but what about a heavy snow will it bend back from the weight of that too?

3. jeepplow

jeepplow Junior Member

Sorry tomd, I don't know anything about the flex blade. I have the metal blade/spring trip system which has worked fine for me. It doesn't have weak springs either (they are adjustable) and it won't constantly trip.

If you do go with the flex, let us know how it works out.

Mike

4. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

I have the snowbear flexblade on one of my backup truck it pushes just as well as the steel ones. I had it for a year now and pushed alot of wetsnow with it , no problems yet. I ues it for my driveway jobs. It only flexes when you hit something with it while plowing it saves the moldbord from warping if you hit something hard for worry free plowing so I was told buy the dealer.