1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fleet Pic 2014 Snow Season-Beatrice Lawn Care, Inc

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by joe2106, Feb 19, 2014.

1. joe2106

joe2106 Junior Member

Partial pic of what was in the shop. We hadn't had a snow picture ever that I was aware of, so I figured we would get one quick.

It all started 10 years ago with me and a shovel.

2. weckel5984

weckel5984 Member

impressive fleet! Nice to see another guy that loves the super duties. is there any reason all of your trucks are different colors?
  3. joe2106

joe2106 Junior Member

As far as the colors....I started out all the same, but on some of these snow trucks that may only move 5 or 6 times a year I kinda stopped caring about the image and more about the good deals.

Buy a deal when I could was my new theory.

I pretty much have converted everything to F250's/350's/450's/550's. They seem to be pretty much bulletproof. I have several that have 250k plus and never any issues.
  4. weckel5984

weckel5984 Member

That is generally my theory as well but when possible i try to buy all the same color.
  5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a 10 grand insurance bill right there, nice picture
  6. nickl7878

nickl7878 Junior Member

do you run gas or diesel pickups?
  7. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice fleet, good luck this winter
  8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking fleet, love that early 90s GM with the newer Western.
  9. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

From yourself and 1 shovel to that monster fleet! WOW!! wesport
  10. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

What's the deal with the green/yellow Ford? Looks like an old Weed Man truck.
  11. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking fleet
  12. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

where in NE
  13. 03fordboss

03fordboss Member
    from Iowa

I am going to guess Beatrice?
  14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm betting he only wished his insurance was only 10k. Unless the insurance rates are a lot lower across the border. Nice equipment picture.
  15. joe2106

joe2106 Junior Member

Sorry haven't been following the tread, but we have a mixture of gas and diesel trucks. When a good deal comes my way I buy it even if we don't "need" it.

The yellow and green truck was an old weed man truck actually I bought on auction. I stole that thing for what I gave. The plow was worth what I gave alone. It for sure isn't the nicest looking thing, but it does the job. I inherited a few old chevys with brand new westerns from an assisted living facility. That old grey one is my oldest truck I think, and it has 60,000 miles. The sticker was still on the origional cutting edge on the plow. The previous owner just used it to get random stuff around town for the assisted living facility. Its pry the next one on the auction list.

Insurance is always a battle, but if you think this is high to insure...try to insure a limousine & party bus business. We have that going as well, and the rates are absurd, but I guess that's what you get when you haul 30+ drunk people around.

We are located in Beatrice, NE which is a small city of 12,000 people or so south of Lincoln. This was just the equipment in the North shop...there is actually 30% more at our other shop. We were just taking limo pics, and figured it woud be nice to have something.