1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fleet flex wiring and MM1 plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by radsrt8, Feb 16, 2015.

1. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Hi everyone. Well I have a 03 Dodge that's has MM push plates and is wired completely with fleet flex wiring. Came with a 7.5 MM1 plow. Is there any way to make this work. Also came with and complete truck harness that's 4 port module F26400 white label, with fishstik controller.

Can I make any of this work together, or just look for a newer plow?

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

You have a few options here.The first is to find a two plug fleet flex plow that will work with the setup that is on the truck now which will cost you more money.Or you completely remove the fleet flex wiring and put the 4 port module and sell the fleet flex wiring.Im assuming the plow is a 3 plug setup?

3. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

I'm getting it. Change the truck over it is easier because I have all the truck harness.

No the plow is a two plug. I have a new 28213 light harness. Its for the intensifier light will it work if modded for the older lights? Or do I need 26347? Can I cut the plugs and wire the lights? Do I also need 26359 for the pump?

This gives me a headache...:dizzy:

4. chevyzrule810

You can use the intensfires harness 28213 but 26347 would be much easier to wire.The square lights have sealed beams with terminals coming off the back so 26347 would plug right on to those and you would have to attach the ground wire where the other ground wire is from the harness that's in there now.The lights have a plastic grommet on the bottom that if you squeeze the two hands together you can get the harness out of the light.You will have to also ground the lights to the pump motor.26359 will plug right onto the solenoids just remove the plastic cover from the back of the pump where the wires are hooked through and attach them one wire at a time.Can you post some pictures of the harness that is out of the truck so we can see what you are working with?

5. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

I hope this works..

P4080225.jpg

P4080228.jpg

P4080226.jpg

6. chevyzrule810

That works.So port 1 on the module has two black covers coming off those are fuses for park/turn and the other is for the controller.You also see a wire with a white plug and a single red wire coming off it.That needs to go into the cab and attached to a key on power.You also have the solenoid with two large studs and two small studs.That needs to be put somewhere from water getting to it.Where is the power cable with the two large prongs? Port 3 goes to your drivers headlight because it is the shorter harness of the two lighting harnesses.Port 4 is for the passenger headlights.Not sure which wire is for the park and turn not sure which wires to splice into but someone will chime in and be able to tell you

7. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

I have the main power cable also. Can any of my already connected flex fleet wiring be used?

8. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Things are progressing OK. Does the relay/selenoid need to be grounded? Not much metal to mount to in the Dodge.

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Does the solenoid have 4 terminals or 3? Should have 4 and have a small ground going to it.

10. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Yes 4. Can I mount it with the terminals sideways or does it have to be straight up?

11. kimber750

Doesn't matter.

12. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Just to note, you can use either 3 or 4 port module with any 2 plug Fleetflex OR 3 plug plow. Just may need an adapter (29047 to use 3 plug setup on 3 port module, or 29175 to use 2 plug FF on 4 port module). Depending on the truck it would be easier to spend the $30 on an adapter rather than remove the headlight wiring that is in there etc...

Can also use the FF battery harness on a 3 plug setup, you would just leave the 4 pin square plug unused, and would of course still need the short battery cable from battery to solenoid, and solenoid itself.

13. chevyzrule810

I'm not to familiar with the new fleet flex wiring that's why I suggested he go that route.I looked at those harnesses and you could use those adapters and convert the plow to a 3 plug.Ethier way you could sell whichever setup you don't use for some extra cash.If you haven't removed the fleet flex from the truck just buy the adapters that way if you ever go to a fleet flex plow your all set

14. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

4port wiring mostly installed. Plow converted. Waiting for a few more parts. Should finish this weekend. Thanks. All the FF wiring like new will be for sale next week.

15. kimber750

How much you want for the control?

16. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

That I don't have. That also made the disission to switch easier.

17. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Well I believe its installed. I don't have power to the controller. No light and nothing moves. Does it need to be hooked to the plow? What can I check first, or is the controller bad?? If I unplug the harness for the ISO Mod. there is power at the red wires on the plug.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  18. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Plow needs to be hooked up.

19. radsrt8

radsrt8 Junior Member

Just the plugs or the whole plow. I now have all the plugs hooked up and all the lighting works. Still nothing at the control.

20. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just the electrical connectors. You have the power wire hooked into the fuse box correct? That fuse good?