1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fleet flex to 3 port

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mistifier, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Mistifier

Mistifier Junior Member

Not sure how often fleet flex plows go down, but I want an mvp3 but am thinking that I want to convert it to 3 port so I can work it when it does break. Thoughts?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I am guessing you mean 3 plug not 3 port since iso module is the same for both setups. Where you are going to run into an issue is the plow is controlled by a module out on the pump.. To my knowledge there is no control out there to operate all the required function at this time. There are 11 valves on these pumps. Some functions require more than one valve to be activated at a time. My fleet flex plow has been flawless for 5 season so far. Also don't see many issues with the multiplex wiring itself except for poor maintenance of connections.

Mistifier likes this.
  3. Mistifier

Mistifier Junior Member

Yes, 3 plug thank you. 11 valves, or 11 wires? I cant think why there would be 11 valves or what they would all go to. I thought it would be possible to (assuming the valve and coils are the same) get a 3 plug plow side harmess, and connect it to the coils and motor. No?

4. kimber750

Yes 11 valves. A straight plow has 3 valves.

5. kimber750

This is what you would be trying to wire up. Screenshot (5).png

6. Mistifier

Mistifier Junior Member

Dang! Thats stupid. Kimber, where can i go to find this info? I like to look at the hydraulics too.

7. kimber750

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

9. Mistifier

Mistifier Junior Member

Thanks guys!

10. antbarbato

antbarbato Junior Member

I was actually about to post this same question when I found this. I have a few 3 plug plows (and trucks). I am looking to buy a used fleet flex (2 plug) V plow but I really want to keep the 3 plug in my truck so I can hook up to any of my other plows, etc. I am curious if anyone knows if I can re wire this fleet flex plow with the 7 pin control wiring from the older MVP V plows with 3 plug wiring. I can buy this 7 pin plow side wiring and then re wire my truck which would allow me to still hook up to 3 plug plows. Do you think this is possible? I see the diagram and I still don't know why this would not work. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Every week or two this comes up, research

Philbilly2 and LapeerLandscape like this.
  12. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I'm confused about what you are trying to accomplish. First, I'm not sure if it's possible to convert a multiplex v-plow to non multiplex. We've never done it here, I know. You'd have to get rid of the plow module, and motor relay off of the power unit, and then I'm not sure if all the cartridges have the same functions as the pre-mvp+ vplow power unit or not.
    But then it sounds like if it does work you'd have all 3 plug plows and trucks, so there would be no need to install fleet flex wiring any of your trucks, right?

13. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Sounds like you just need (2) sets of wiring on that truck side. I have 2 trucks that are set up that way. Allows you to hook on to what every you need to.

14. kimber750

Can't be done, The V plows that used the 7 pin control harness have 6 valves. Newer fleet flex V plows have 11 valves. Therefor the 7 pin harness would not work with fleet flex plow unless you changes to the older style pump. This would make the cost to convert very high. Most guys just run both harness on there rigs.

15. antbarbato

antbarbato Junior Member

Ok thank you very much for the answer! I have decided I will add the fleet flex wiring in the truck