1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fleet Flex passwords lock?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by antbarbato, Sep 21, 2016.

1. antbarbato

antbarbato Junior Member

Im looking to buy a used western MVP v plow with the fleet flex wiring. I've never dealt with the fleet flex plows. Is it possible this plow has a security password on it that would prevent me from being able to use it? I'm picking it up before buying the wiring which prevents me from testing it... Can the password be reset?

Thanks for any help

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Most dealers have the tool to unlock it if it is locked.

3. antbarbato

antbarbato Junior Member

Ok cool thank you. Also, I found out that there is a sticker for the security guard. This plow doesn't have it.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

All fleet flex has SG

The sticker fell off.

5. antbarbato

antbarbato Junior Member

Ok! I originally thought that, but when I read about sticker I was thinking maybe it is an earlier model that did not have it. As long as it is possible to reset the password (if there is one) I don't have a problem buying it.

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Ask the seller, If it is locked and he knows the code you will be able to change it or turn the feature off.

7. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

It is possible that it was bought before security guard was built in. Plus, at least around here, hardly anybody uses it. We bought the controller to use to unlock them when it first came out, and we've never had to use it yet.