1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. POWERSTROKE 350

POWERSTROKE 350 Junior Member

i was plowing tonight and backed into the corner of a fence and mushed the bed. i know that it can be fixed but i am considering putting an aluminum flatbed on it. it is an 02 f350 regular cab single rear wheel. does anybody have any pictures of this exact set up so i can see what it may look like on my truck.
    Thanks,
    Riley

2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

3. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

i say go for it, that looks disgustingly mean,

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Those beds look nice!

5. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I would go for steel or stainless if you want rust free. Aluminum is weak, hard to fix, and hard to keep nice over the years. Also if you have anything steel (light brackets, hardware, etc) it will cause extreme corrosion issues. Just curious why you would go with Aluminum over steel?

6. peconicwaters

peconicwaters Junior Member
    from L.I N.Y

steel and aluminum are mixed all the time in the marine industry.The strength to weight ratio of aluminum is actually pretty good.

7. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Have you priced stainless steel lately? It's over $8.00 a foot for 1/8 inch

8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nevermind the weight difference. youll be able to legally load up the aluminum bed more.