1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flatbed truck pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowsniper1, Mar 6, 2014.

1. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

Let's see some flatbed truck pics, thinking of turning my whole fleet into flat beds.

2. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

ofcourse the day i see a bunch of brickman flat beds this thread would come up...shoulda taken pics

3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Can't stop the rust on those Fords huh. See my sig for my build.

4. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

5. chevy wingman

chevy wingman Member

my flat bed truck Thumbs Up

plow truck 7.jpg

6. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I love our flatbed. Its the truck I choose to drive! It is so handy having a heavy duty deck to haul stuff around on. Our next one will dump though!

Winter Fleet 2013-2014 049.jpg

New KJ's Trucks 077.jpg

New KJ's Trucks 082.jpg

7. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Drew2010, That is one of the most beautiful trucks I have ever seen.

8. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Thanks,

I am happy with the way it came out. I need to do some bodywork in the near future. Northern Illinois winters have taken its toll...

It has 118k miles, but I kind-of want to pull the engine and make it a mildly built small block. Or maybe it needs a powerstroke, or a cummins, oh the possibilities.... haha

9. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

Heres my ram 2500 when the bed 1st got installed and the salter put on

1121131554.jpg

1122131342.jpg

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

11. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

12. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

P2010022.jpg

13. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

those alum flatbeds are really nice and don't rust when I change mine that's what I am going to go with

14. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Here are two we had built last fall. Flip down/ removalble sides & tailgates. All aluminum - very happy with them so far.

20131115_091457_resized.jpg

20131115_091436_resized.jpg

20131115_091547_resized.jpg

15. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Nice pair you got there:drinkup:

16. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Did eloquip make the grandma steps for you too?

17. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

That looks expensive

18. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Uh thanks - normally that's something reserved for the ladies...

Yes I'm short, but don't need the ladder for these. I can even manage to climb up back there. They are mounted on cars afterall. On edit - you mean the running boards (sorry) - I like to keep the crap off the botom of the doors. Yes, Cor offers these as part of his package.

How's yours working out? I'm about ready to rip the SCR off these. Need another tank at the yard.

Well, it's all relative. Sure, I could have kept the two that these replaced. But downtime isn't an option, and I can't afford to take chances. These are frontline trucks in the winter - they go out every day on patrol, usually first ones out in a storm and last to return. They both have put on over 10K miles this winter. We rely on them, so spending a bit more to get exactly what we need is worth it in the long run.

19. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

My trucks been awesome, I too have over 10,000 km's of strictly plowing and salting on myn... average 21l/100 plowing and salting with extreme idle times, I just have myn on the stock engine tune it's not very fast compared to my Denali. Finding dpf delete tuners is the biggest problem now, luckily for me I bought 3 just for fun when they were cheap cause I knew I'd need them sometime down the road... my truck is going in to get a custom body beginning of April, angled oval tail lights with bullet marker lights and cab formed headache rack so wind resistance and bar steel front to cut down even more, plus the tarp mounted at the side panel level instead of being up top where all it does is just flap in the wind, hopefully it'll turn out good

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  20. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

a work in progress.

[​IMG]

i removed the rear bumper and mounted mud flaps.
    still have to hook up the dump frame, paint, and finish the wiring.