1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flat Winter

Discussion in 'Weather' started by ghosttridder, Jan 19, 2006.

1. ghosttridder

ghosttridder Member

No snow. wow, i'd never thought that a january can last without at least one tough hit of snow, but i'm beginning to think otherwise now that we have less than two weeks left. I doubt February is going to pull any snow either. I'm predicting a rainy spring. This may be due to global warming too.

2. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Pasha to global warming!

Last year, in NH anyways, we came off a slow season the year before. We had 25 events last year and near record snow fall totals. If it doesn't come around this year, it will next year.

1) Stick with it and grab all the accounts from the shmucks who bought $45K trucks this year thinking they were going to get rich quick and decided to sell.....

2) Next year push everyone towards seasonal contracts and sit with your feet up collecting $$ for a slow season.....

3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I'm thinking about the same thing, only problem for you is if we get it all next year, "sitting with your feet up" will be non-existent.

4. GSE

GSE Senior Member

I'm totally cool with that. I love running operations during a snow storm, the guys appriciate the paycheck and it's an inevitable part of this business.

But, I don't sweat no snow, that's my only point....

5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Possible snow here Friday night into Sat. morning. Hopefully it's something and doesn't turn into a bust again.

6. twodan

twodan Member

flat winter & benefits

phone calls are coming in from folks wanting to get their gas grills ready for the season; just sold another burner. since i only plow the lots here at work & my drive, the lack of snow does have it's plusses for us in the grill parts business.
    sorry, dan

7. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

I was hoping for a real messy winter$$$$$$$. But if we ahve a real rainy spring I'll make it up with my lawnservice.