1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

flat bed

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by POWERSTROKE 350, Dec 21, 2008.

1. POWERSTROKE 350

POWERSTROKE 350 Junior Member

was plowing tonight and back into the corner of a fence with my 02 f350 single rear wheel. i know i can get the bed fixed, but an considering putting an aluminum flat bed on it. does anyone have any pictures of a 99-04 superduty single rear wheel with an aluminum flatbed they can post so i can see what this set up will look like
    Thanks,
    Riley

2. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I have a 2000 crew cab short bed that had a rusty bed so I got crazy and ripped the bed off and built a flatbed with fold down sides, barn style tailgate and wood floor. The bed is 7' wide and almost 8' long and really works nice. I have quite a bit of fabrication experience so it wasn't an extremely challenging project. Even with the short wheelbase it really doesn't look that odd. My dad is now planning a flatbed conversion on his standard cab long bed pickup. I will try to post some pics up tomorrow. Total spent was about $2000 with powder coating and lights.

3. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

Keep in mind this bed is 7' wide so it looks like it fits the single wheel a little better than an 8' wide might. We should have the 8' aluminum Hilsboro bed on by the end of this week if everything goes well. The floor is not screwed down yet, we are waiting for the wood to dry and shrink first. Sorry it took so long for the pictures we have been busy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]