1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

flat bed wheel well

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTTP08, Oct 14, 2013.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

I have a single axle flat bed. I bought the truck several years ago but it needs wheel wells as it is starting to rot the flat bed out. Is there a site sells these or am I stuck using trailer fenders.

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

There are sites that sell them, they are pricy. There is thread on here somewhere in which a guy built his out of window wells, they looked decent, & much cheaper too.

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Cheap way Go homeDepot or Lowes buy a plastic window well I know a lot farmers does it Myself I wash my under side bed out after every storm

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Not a fan of wheel wells, boat style fenders as they make the truck look girly. What I did was use a mudflap up inside the bed mounted to brackets that I made. Still have to wash the underside of the bed as road chemicals still get everywhere even with fenders. This is why I build my bed as I used heavier materials and not brake'd over sheet metal to form the bed.
    T.J.