1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flashing/Strobe Lights In New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bolensdriver, Oct 16, 2004.

1. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Man, we need a complete new section for just flashing lights, as it's almost mentioned in all topics. Anyways,

I asked a police chief in a town close to mine, what the laws are for the flashing lights in New Hampshire, on snowplow equipment (Qualifies Trucks (All sizes), tractors (all sizes), and Construction Equipment (All sizes), that have snow plow equipment), and he said Clear lights, Amber, and Green lights are LEGAL to have on a Snowplow.

If you want to make your truck stand out, I recommend that green... as I don't see too many around. I just thought you'd like to know, for those in New Hampshire.

Sincerely,
    Jake

2. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

A buddy of mine is a Rockingham Cty Sheriff. He told me pretty much the same thing but only specified you CANNOT have blue or red unless you are an officer or fire fighter. Any idea where you could get green?

3. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I'm in New Hampshire to but last season when I got pulled over for my taillight strobes (flashing red), the kind police officer said amber and clear were the only colors you could use. He told me green was for security and purple was for funeral. As for the other two colors, red and blue, we all know who those are for. Plus green might not be as bright as amber or clear.

4. gkwoodfloors

gkwoodfloors Junior Member

5. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

in Michigan via their website the info i have pulled off of it you can only have amber strobes or flashing. Clear/red/blue is reserved for emergency purposes only is how they state it. Yet i see surveyors, tow trucks and alot of other vehicles with clear strobes

6. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

Clear Strobes Are Great In The Day But They Will Kill You At Night If It's Snowing. Put Strobes In Your Tail Lights Atleast In Ohio No One Will Bother You.