1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flashing power light?????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GMSNOW, Apr 10, 2013.

GMSNOW Member

I have a 2 year old wideout.

When I was plowing today all of a suddan the power light in the upper rt corner of the hand held comtrol starts to flash and the plow will not operate.

I stop and shut off the truck for 1-2 minutes and usually the plows operates again and the light stops flashing.

Any ideas as to what is going on????

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

In the mechanics guide it says to check all connections and make sure they are good. If problem still exists then replace pc board in controller and/or coil cord. If that doesn't work then replace the plow module Hope this helps.

GMSNOW Member

Thank you for the information. I will check it out.
  4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I believe the flashing light indicates loss of communication between the plow and the handheld controller. There are two communication wires, one from controller to plow and the other goes the other way. Check the two little pins in the big power plug on the grill and check the little four pin plug that connects the controller cable to the main power cable near the battery. Those are two points where they can be easily damaged. Also, of course, check the plug at the end of the controller cable at the little white connector. Make sure the wires are not broken and the pins are all good.
  5. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

Every time my wideout has acted up it has always been the ground on the battey
  6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

There are several "ground interconnects" in the multiplex wiring. They are black connectors with a black wire / orange tracer going into them. If they are corroded or broken they will cause problems.

I thought there may be a table that indicates what the flashing lights mean but looking in the manual I found nothing. I think the flashing light just means lost communication which can be caused by many things. I would be checking plugs and all electrical connections for something that is loose or corroded.