1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

flashing lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DRBLawnBuster, Feb 14, 2010.

1. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

strobes, so i bough a cheap set of these little led lights off ebay and i wanted to try them out, they work good but i was wondering but other kinda light could i plug into the little controller to blink does it have to be somethgin special?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

For that off brand stuff you are usually limited. I highly doubt you will be able to hook you some whelen strobe tubes to it. Personally I would of spent the extra money and bought whelen or something a little more name brand.

3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Agreed,......................…

4. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

thanks for the help, i only bought these to throw in the grill i figured i would try them out, but im planning on buying whelen or a better brand when i put strobes on my toolbox/ back rack. Does whelen and better brands do they use a little control box

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The strobes are controlled by a simple on off switch. If you get enough stuff run thru relays and what not you'll want a switch box of some sort.