1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

flashing light question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by newkidonthebloc, Dec 13, 2003.

1. newkidonthebloc

newkidonthebloc Junior Member

Does anyone know of a source where I can obtain a magnetic lightbar for my roof with a cord that fits the power plug - BUT - one that is made so that the cord can be removed from the unit - so it doesn't have to be constantly taken on/taken off of the truck - and won't have to have the cord running out the window unless the truck is working? I'm not nuts about drilling a hole through the roof of the truck for a permanent setup. Any help in finding a source for one of these would be really appreciated. Not sure they make a detachable cord like I described - but they should.
  2. legoconstruct

legoconstruct Junior Member

try cpw on the web, central parts warehouse they will have it.
    if not northern tool will
  3. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Talk to Bill @ pvparts.com
    He is a whelen dealer and will treat you right. Tell him I sent you
  4. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

New Kid,
    All of my equipment have Grote 10" beacons that are mounted with heavy duty magnets (I don't like drilling holes either). I then run wiring in plastic conduit and then install electrical connectors approx 3 feet off the beacons so they can easily be removed for repair, or for the summer. It works better than a cig lighter power supply and it leaves the cig lighter free for cell phones, q-beam lights, etc. If I have not described it well enough let me know and I can send you a digital picture. You may also be able to see them on my website under snow removal at www.skibear.com
  5. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

After having a Whelen strobe bar stolen, all of ours are now permanently mounted. Looks neater, wiring is concealed. I've never had a dealer make a big deal of the holes on trade in.