1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flashing Light on Wideout Controller

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by battags, Apr 9, 2010.

1. battags

battags Member

I have a flashing light on my contoller for a Wideout. Pump doesn't run and plow is totally inactive. The headlight functions switch over when plugged in. It worked great all winter until one of my summer employees tried to hook it up to the truck unsupervised. Any ideas, guys????

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

the connection to the plow is not connected properly... spray some fluid film in it
    make sure all the pins are lining up and connect it again.

3. battags

battags Member

Already tried that. Thanks, though. Anyone else???

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a low voltage issue. disconnect all connections at batt and solenoid. grease and reconnect all.

5. Rcp8686

Rcp8686 Junior Member

There is a blown fuse next to pump on the plow. Take the cover off and you will see them. Hope this is not to late.

6. prosnowpusherMI

prosnowpusherMI Junior Member

I can't find the fuse that was mentioned next to the pump. We are having the same issue. All connections are good and the truck works with another wideout plow we have. Any information would be helpful.

7. rofoth6

rofoth6 Member
    from iowa

Had same problem on my hand held controller for straight blade. On mine number of flashes refers to pin number in hook up. I E 3 flashes pin 3 ( on mine pin 3 was for my float ) Hope this helps.

8. prosnowpusherMI

Figured out its the Security Guard feature. We switched controllers from one wideout to the other as it locked all functions. Need to figure out how to reset it without the code...any ideas?

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

It's not really a code. The dealers have a pad that lays over certain controller buttons and presses on just those to reset it. Its pretty primitive actually. I've seen it done, but couldn't tell you which ones it pushes.

10. Dawdy Services

Dawdy Services Senior Member

If that's what it is then you will have to enter the code or take it to a dealer to get it un locked I think you may have a blown fuze in the plow check on pass side under cover on plow for the fuzes if they pluged the power cable wrong way it will blow the fuze and the controller will flash hope this helps

11. prosnowpusherMI

Checked fuses and they are good. 99% it's the security guard. Gonna work on it tonight when I go to the shop. Working on getting used to workin nights. Hopefully I can get it figured out. Sucks using a straightblade when I have been using a wideout.

12. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran