1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flashes per minute....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Killswitch, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Guys, I know this has probably been asked, and answered but trust me...as experienced as I am in bulletin boards I totally suck at searches and looked already for this without much luck.

Im just wondering what you think about flash per minute rates.

Slow? Fast? I have seen several here boasting about rates like 95 or 175 per minute rates on rotators.

2. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

Flashes

Hello

I always prefered slower 60 to 75. My thought is that at some point the fast flash appears more like a blur. I just like the slower deliberate flash.

Thanks
    J & B Lawncare

3. fast

Mine is modified with different gears, but if i had a guess i would say that it is well over 500 fpm....and I love it...It gets major attention and i get compliments on it often!

4. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Thanks guys.

I just ordered a Whelan rotator mini bar and they claim 700 FPM.

Ive driven trucks with high end and low end flash rates and Ive always liked the speedy ones but I seemed to see a lot that love it slow and I was wondering why since its really just a saftey beacon and I would think a faster flash rate would get more attention.

Maybe the fast flashes hurt the eys or make it harder to see in a storm?

:shrugs:

5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

My strobe has a BLIP.....BLIP....BLIP....BURST....BLIP....BLIP....BLIP....BURST...etc.

It really gets your attention especially during bright daylight. The burst is what breaks up the pattern.

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

you may like 700 fpm the first hour or so but youre gonna be seeing stars hit the 4th or 5th hour

7. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

I also have the whelan rotator minibar and works like a charm. I believe the one I have is a little bit above 300fpm. The only problem I find is the noise made by the engine of the rotator makes me crazy and also interferes with the radio.

8. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

My bar is real close to 1000 fpm, and because its a halogen rotator and not a strobe its hardly bothers me. Talk about one awsume light show......Rob

9. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

1600 fpm on a 58" mx it all depends on mirrors as they can multply flash rates.