1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flash pattern on whelen 90 hide aways

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by PabstBlueRibbon, Sep 25, 2010.

1. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

I have a whelen 90 hide away kit in my truck and was wondering how you change the flash pattern. It came with the truck so I have no directions!

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

There should be a yellow wire i believe it is, touch that to a gound hold for a second or two and then let off. do this with them on.

3. PabstBlueRibbon

it has a plastic connector where it says flash pattern can I by pass it with just a piece of speaker wire?

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

No, how it works is when you apply 12V positive momentary to they yellow wire it will switch the pattern. So if you are just searching for a pattern that you like better than the one that you have now, turn on your strobes, take the yellow wire and TOUCH it to the connector port on the 12V+ (RED WIRE) inside the plastic connector going to the strobe controller box. It will change the pattern for you. Keep touching it to 12V+ and it will cycle through the pattens. I believe there are 10 or 12 patterns.

5. Philbilly2

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Sorrry I thought it had to be touched to a ground.

7. PabstBlueRibbon

sorry I have the csp 660 so I have a spare purple wire that is coming from power hook up labeled low power, I take it I turn the strobes on then insert that wire into the pattern port for a second and that changes the pattern?

8. Philbilly2

The purple will cut the power down to 1/2 the power so your 60watt system will only use 30watts of output. The 690 and 660 are the same wiring, just different output levels.

9. PabstBlueRibbon

I just jumped the pattern with some bailing wire. wish there was a better description of the patterns

10. Philbilly2

Are you looking for this, or do you want a description of what each pattern does?

FLASH PATTERNS

1. CometFlash®
    2. TripleFlash™
    3. DoubleFlash
    4. SingleFlash
    5. ActionFlash™
    6. ModuFlash™
    7. MicroBurst II™
    8. MicroBurst III™
    9. LongBurst™
    10. ActionScan™

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010