1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flaot Mode Problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wolfmobile8, Jan 27, 2012.

1. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Last strom I noticed when I put my plow triangle all the way down in float mode it doesen't compress all the way down it will only stop half way and sometimes it wont even go down. The only way I can get it to go all the way down now is by pushing it down by hand. Never had a problem with it before. Any help woluld be great.

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Is the spring and cable hooked up and adjusted properly?

3. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

you didnt say if the plow goes down all the way? I'm asking because my triangle never goes down by itself without the weight of the plow. So once the plow hits the ground the piston won't compress any more. But that's not an issue as long as the plow goes down all the way .......

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Wolf had the same problem last week when I went to take the plow off I had to push the lift arm down by hand.I ended up adjusting the cable and it seemed to help still think it needs be replaced but just adjust it to where it will pull it down.Just don't do what I did the first time and adjust it to tight and push the headgear toward the truck because the cable is to tight.

5. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Sorry guys for the late respose back. I was up in NH for the weekend snowmobiling. Pinzgauer my plow goes all the way down it's just the triangel stops in in middel and then when I hold my lower button on my fishstick to go into float mode it just stays still when It really should go all the way down. Worked all last season and this season up til the last storm we got. chevyz I will try adjusting the cable. That's prob my problem thanks.

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I think my spring maybe worn out need to replace the whole assembly of the summer.Tearing the plow down completely and repainting it,upgrading to intensfire lights to.If you know of anyone who needs there plow repainted at the end of the season send them my way.I've got a bunch of landscapers plows from cambridge coming in the spring to have redone over.

7. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

Mine has never gone down all the way by itself from day one.
    What am I missing here? What does it matter if the triangle goes all the way down or not as long as the plow goes down to the ground.

8. oneoldsap

oneoldsap Senior Member

As long as the controll is in float , the plow will go down as needed to keep contact with the ground . You really don't want or need for the cylinder to be compressed all the way , keeps your chain from jumping off the lift arm . JMHO

9. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

My thoughts exactly.
    Maybe a Fisher rep can jump in here.