1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

flad bed dump body? anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bow2no1, Nov 25, 2011.

1. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

i got in to a litte fender bender last week, it was dusk and a black dog jumped out in the road. the only thing the happened is my empty trailer jack knifed and dented my bed pretty good.

i got the insurance money, i found the dump sisor lift ram all the parts on craigs list for 600
    i'm going to the junk yard tomorrow to see if i can find a good flat bed.

anyone have one of these setups? where does it hinge? where to i get the hinges?

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I have one, it hinges on top of the truck frame.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I do as well. Actually have my bed going for sale soon to replace with an alum one, and also have a bare flatbed frame for sale too. But you're a bit far.

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Even if you do find a flat bed at a junk yard you will need to adapt it to your scissor. Does the scissor come with a mount, if not you have to make one. I am at the ending stages of my flatbed dump bed build. You can take the link in my signature to see how I made my own hinges and such.
    T.J.

5. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

nicely done!

nope no adapting!
    i went to the junk yard today, got a flat bed!
    and all the dump parts! the scissor was attached to 2 frame rails and you simply bolt those to the bed. it's if it wasn't dark out i would go take pictures of what i got today.

i still like your setup better, i just don't have the resources. just working with what i have.