1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FJ cruiser fantasy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ein999, Mar 22, 2008.

1. ein999

ein999 Member

FJ cruiser

if i have enough money i would buy one of these for drive ways.

its different and it seems like it would be good for drives except for visibility ofcourse.
    everything is plastic and rubber inside. easy to clean. Also the roof liner is a base speaker (option).

Bedros Demir

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  2. ein999

ein999 Member

3. ein999

ein999 Member

4. ein999

ein999 Member

5. ein999

ein999 Member

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Were you afraid that we wouldn't check the link? Looks like all the same photos to me and you could have saved the server space. It did up your post count though. BTW do you know of anyone who even builds a plow for this vehicle........................:rolleyes:

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I would chose a different vichicle.

The FJ has had a problem with the frames cracking at the crumple zone just from light off road driving.

There frames are to week to take the rigors of plowing.

If you chose not to believe me go visit a few 4x4 forms.

8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

What the heck go for it, you dont need to see behind you when doing driveways. I meen how much backing up in tight places do you do while plowing driveways;)

9. ein999

ein999 Member

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

aah,,yea.......:confused:

11. ein999

ein999 Member

the second one is off limits :rolleyes:

its a train that carries sick passangers. you see the three seats in there.

12. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

13. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Man those things are ugly. And just looking at them you can see why the visibility is so poor on them.

And yes, there have been major problems with frame cracking, even in cases where the trucks have not ever been off road... but thats not stopping Toyoyo from denying warrenty claims...

I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole.

14. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

haha there are so many nuts on those wheels!

15. ein999

ein999 Member

i dont know about frames cracking but yeah theres a lot of lugs on it.

i have a lexus with 368,000 miles and it drives veri good and i have a tacoma with 250,000 (i put all the miles on) havent had any problems yet.

16. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

FJ Cruisers just made some list last week, forget what it was, JD Power or Consumer Reports or something, anyway they slammed it for being unreliable. Hard to believe from Toyota, if anything they can usually be counted on to be reliable.
    Personally I think they are ugly. I hate them. Some guy near me took one and had the entire exterior Rhino Lined. Thought it was ugly before... I saw him open the door and the jamb was still yellow. I could see doing that on a hardcore Jeep, but a sissy street truck with no mods, I don't get it.
    As for the original question, I doubt anyone is going to go to the trouble to make a plow for a mini-suv without a plow prep package. Except maybe Snowbear. But plan on breaking the frame, the differentials and anything else that could be affected by a load on the front axle and pushing snow.

But hey, thanks for using up all that bandwidth by posting multiple redundant pictures multiple times.

17. derekbroerse

They are having problems with sheetmetal cracking apart in critical areas.... also inner fender and underbody cracking. I've seen pictures even and I'm trying to find them again... they were talking about up to $15k just to repair it all. Hard to believe.

I can't find those same pictures at the moment. They were unreal, and in typical factory fashion they dismiss it as 'abuse'. Some of those guys never left pavement, others use it on mild off-road conditions like construction sites.

And while on the topic of cracking in an FJ... windshield failures...
    http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0607/431141.html

18. derekbroerse

Same with the Tundra pickups. Camshaft failures, u-joint failures, tailgate failures, and cab/bed damage from weak frames flexing.

You see what is happening? Now that Toyota is becoming a major player, the problems that plague the other large manufacturers are coming into play, and Toyota is about to take its turn under the microscope. Then it will all come to light that yes, Virginia, they really do break down too because they are still just mechanical devices... and the more you make, the more there are to fail out there.

....and maybe then the sheep will take off their blinders. :p

19. ein999

ein999 Member

your right toyotas suck and the big three are reliable. what was i thinking. derek looks like you got a really reliable setup there is it a 350 in there.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  20. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Holy Cow! A little picture happy.