1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fixing RTII hard attach/Detach problems

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MrCarlson, Nov 8, 2008.

1. MrCarlson

MrCarlson Junior Member
    from MM

I put a 9'2 boss V plow on my 97 F250 last year and I had a lot of issues with attaching and detaching the plow. It was REALLY hard to get the plow to slide all the way onto the bracket so I could latch it (the truck would just push the plow around) and it was really hard to get it to come off also. I would have to have a pry bar to shake it and hold it so it back so it wouldn't drag.

I finally figured out what was wront, and thought I would come back to the site to share my findings in case others are having the same problems.

The problem was that where the mount on the plow slides over about a 2 inch tube on the truck mount. That had worn over the years, so there was a groove that it sat in and lip behind it. I think you can see the lip well in these pics.

I just took a grinder to it and knocked the lip off of it (there are 4 places where this needs to be done), now the plow slides on and off easily, No more fighting to get it on and off.

Hope this helps someone else, I had determined that the RTII mount was just junk, but now that I have it repaired it works quite well.

97 F250 w/Boss 9'2 V-Plow
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The old RTll's never die...they just wear.

Just fixed one a few weeks ago with about the same amount of wear as yours.

Owner was just about to trade it in on a new RT3 since he was tired of having to chase the plow around every time he tried to hook to it. :D

A little welding and a couple minutes with a grinder and it was as good as new.
  3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I hate chasing plows.. !!!!!!!!!!!prsport