1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fixing Gear box on Fisher Poly Caster Sander

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Tylerlawncare, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Tylerlawncare

Tylerlawncare Member

Had to take the whole sander apart and cut pretty much everything off and replace gear box and other parts.

IMG_00000224.jpg

IMG_00000227.jpg

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Was it the gear box or just the shear pin? I don't know how the gear box would go on that unit. the belt would just slip. The pin usually means replacing the belt so kinda a pain in the a$$ either way. What happened to the gearbox...

3. Tylerlawncare

Tylerlawncare Member

the sander is about 7 years old, this is the only think I have ever had to replace. I think the gear box ran out of oil. I never know you needed to check it. I mean cars/trucks theses days you never check them.

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I filled mine with grease, it's probably the same age. When the pin on mine went I thought it was the gearbox, had it all apart before I realised there even was a shear pin.