1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fixing F250 door rust

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by fordtruck661, Aug 11, 2011.

1. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Hi guys I just bought a 2000 Ford F250 diesel. The truck is in great shape and the pant looks great except for the bottom of the doors on bouth sides. It about 3 to 4" up on the passenger side it not as bad on the driver side. Its only service rust so I don't have to replace the panel.

So what Im looking for is advice on what you would do and what products you would use to fix it. :mechanic:
  2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

The rust starts on the door skin where it's folded over on the bottom of the door shell and works its way up. Remove it like any other rust, grind and prep and paint.
  3. Chipper

Chipper Member

Make sure to oil down the inside of the door. Nothing stops rusty door seams better. Best applied new before the rust starts but will slow down the problem once started.
  4. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I heard the best oil to use to slow it down is old diesel crankcase oil. You probably have some of that laying around, huh?