1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fixed my plow today, learned a valuable lesson

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by martyman, Jan 21, 2005.

1. martyman

martyman Senior Member

So I posted yesterday that I had problems with my plow angling. I had the A frame welded and after that for some wierd reason my angle was working off and on. I noticed my main harness plug was shorting out so I did what I read off of this site to change it to a set of trailer plugs and that took care of the shorting, but still no angle. Okay so I figured must be the fluid in the pump or something wrong to do with the pump and took it in to get it checked. The service guy said he changed the fluid but he said my PC board must be fried because when he hooked up another controller my side to side worked fine. The wanted $250 bucks for a PC board so I said I will go home to think about it. I took off my controller and when I put on the table I noticed that a green wire was pulled out of the controller plug. I phoned back the dealer and asked if he notice that and he said that he didn't take my controller out because I had a C clamp holding it :rolleyes: I put the green wire back and it works fine....lesson learned big time that I will check every possible thing before I take it in to the dealer if possible or get dinged with a possible big bill. Thanks to the guys that gave me suggestions yesterday..

Marty

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

The good old KISS priciple. no matter how complex something is you always need to look at the basics first. Of course you dont always do that fist though. :)

3. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

Marty

Which plow dealer did you take your Jeep to?