1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fixed my bending jack problem!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by comeeonn, Jan 12, 2010.

1. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

well i bent my jack twice trying to put the plow on while it was on a gravel driveway, so i decided to beef it up a bit.

it wont be bending anymore!!:D

plow jack.jpg

plow jack2.jpg

2. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

Good idea... Might need to look into that!

3. split2ndnova

split2ndnova Member

My jack is smashed from the headlight assembly and the screw and bolt not being lined up. It's a mess. I swear I have had a hell of a time with the screw and bolt that holds the headlight assembly up when unmounted.

I use two jacks now. I still havent had much luck and dont know what I'm doing wrong.

4. Gary @ Shamrock

Gary @ Shamrock Junior Member

Nice job beefing up your jack. My first jack bent and needed to be cut off. My second isn't much better after a couple of uses. They are a very weak point of the plowing system. Likewise they are not covered by the warranty. Hmmm... I guess I know why. I guess I should have read the fine print of the warranty before buying the plow. They tell you that you have a one year warranty and then the limitations come out when something breaks. In the last storm my plow tripped (going slow in a parking lot) and my driver's side light shattered as did one side of the pump cover. I am happy with the plow, but not with the incidentals attached to it and the "fine print" in the warranty.