1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fix this plow or buy a different one please help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by TreeBusters, Oct 21, 2013.

1. TreeBusters

TreeBusters Junior Member

Hey guys I am writing because I have been on the fence on what do do here. I bought a old Meyers 1988 I believe in decent condition. The plow is not power angle so I have been on the fence to buy a power angle block and power angle rams and be set up. Well now I have to buy a new mount too, so I am on the fence to just sell this one and invest into something I won't have to mess with. My question is what would be the best way to go either way im going to spend alot of money converting or buying a new plow. Any ideas?? Thanks

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

How much can you spend is the big ?????

3. TreeBusters

Well I really dont want to spend more then 1000-1200 since I paid 500 for the set up now.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just buy a new(er) plow and proper mount.

5. Antlerart06

You will spend less time if find one that fits your truck

6. TreeBusters

Im thinking I am going to do that. Its Just to much to get worked out

7. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

I would recommend checking out the various Craigs List locations in your area. More often than not, there are deals there.

8. Antlerart06

If you do Take one you have now fix it up for a skid steer and flip it for more cash

There a guy here buys used old plows at nothing, paints them set it up for skid or a tractors and make a good profit

9. TreeBusters

That's a great idea either way I know I can sell it for more then what I paid. The pump is good and someone can convert it and have a good pump. I thought I would try and find a deal even though I always try and buy new, plows are really expensive so I think we will find something a little newer.

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

What do you have for a truck?
    I have a 8.5 poly Meyer, E-60 pump, EZ Mount Classic on a 97 F-350 that will be up for sale. If the 8.5 is to wide I also have a 7.5 steel I'd let go.
    Lower truck side mounts will run about $425.00-500.00 new but if your lucky they can be had on C-list for about $250.00-300.00

11. TreeBusters

I am mounting to a 1988 for f250. I definitely need to buy a set up. I cant pm because of posting but send me an email treebusters2011@yahoo.com

12. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I'll shoot you a email when I get in tonight with pictures of what I'm talking about.

13. TreeBusters

thanks I appreciate it bro.

14. TreeBusters

Ok so I just seen a 8 foot Meyers with power angle for 900 but the mount is wrong I was thinking of still picking it up what do you guys think. He says the pump needs new seals but he has the seal kit that he will include.

15. TreeBusters

I think im just going to buy it and get a mount it has the power angle and the pump needs rebuilt but I think its worth it

16. TreeBusters

So I guess the plow goes up and down slow what can I do to fix this??

17. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Well a good place to start would be telling us what pump you're talking about, E-47,E-60 or something else also how does the angle L/R work slow or fine?
    Slow up is generally;
    low on oil
    "B" Valve ports dirty
    "B" Solenoid weak

If all this check outs you'll need to get into the Pump and inspect for damaged or worn parts.

Here's a link the Meyers Service Manuals page, scroll down and pick the pump you need.
    http://www.meyerproducts.com/techsupport/servicemanualsandinstallationinstructions.aspx

18. TreeBusters

He said its a e46 electro touch. Im not sure about the l/r if its slow I will find out tomorrow and let you guys know. Also is there anyway to test these pumps to make sure its operational with out having them hooked up. He also said he has the seal kit for it. And thanks for all the help I am oblivious to these things right now. I will oost more info tomorrow

19. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Only way to test a pump is under power on the truck or on a test bench at a Meyer dealer, etc...