1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fix for Burnt out salt spreader controller

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Synergyracing, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

I have a fix/service that I can provide for burnt out western spreader controllers specifically the one in the picture. The cost is $75.00 and that includes shipment back to the US. Email me for details...

todd@syn-ind.com

DSC02084.jpg

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

What burns out on them the relay?...because mine doesn't work..but $75 seems a bit high

3. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

That is what we originally thought too but it is actually the power switch that is solder to the circuit board.

4. cobraman

cobraman Member

Before spending money to have it fixed, check with your Western Dealer. There was a recall on some of these controllers. I took mine in and they made one phone call and handed me a brand new controller and off I went.

5. 02DURAMAX

how long ago was that?

6. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

cobraman, this is the western fix. I have 3 of these fixed by western and thats how I know how to fix it.

7. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

I had three that went out as well. Western gave me three new ones.

8. 02DURAMAX

well Im going to my dealer on wednesday to see if they give me a new one before i try anything..