1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fittings?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wheelmanm80, Oct 27, 2008.

1. wheelmanm80

wheelmanm80 Member

How do i get the fittings that i currently use on the hoses to work on the E-58? is there some kind of adapter?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Couple ways you can go about this... either switch the plow side hoses over to the newer couplers with an adapter like the way Meyer wants you to do..which adds considerable expense since you'll not only need the adapters, but the newer couplers as well ($$$).

Or, the other less expensive option is to use an SAE to pipe thread adapter on the pump side outlets. That will allow you to thread the old style pipe thread couplers onto the new style valve body. Most hydro shops could come up with the adapters but Mill Supply has them as well. Look in the Meyer section under "hoses and fittings". Mill Supply

3. wheelmanm80

wheelmanm80 Member

is that the double ended fitting that steps up to the bigger size thread?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, and one end will have an O-ring.

5. wheelmanm80

wheelmanm80 Member

ok i went to mill supply i got the fitting and they didn't work the O-ring side that goes into the pump is too big/wide doesn't even come close. i only see one part number. any other ideas?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'm going to say they gave you the adapters for the first designed low spill couplers that first came out on the E60's a few years back as those ones are larger on the O-ring side and thread into the 90* elbow. The ones you need for the newest pump such as the E58 are SAE #6 on the pump side and 1/4" female pipe thread on the other side, Meyer p/n 22652. These will go in the power angle block and then you thread a 1/4" pipe nipple into it and then thread you old style quick couplers onto the nipple.